23 Jan QUALITY ENGINEER
The Quality Engineer must have an excellent understanding of shop processes, engine manuals, repair procedures, specifications and requirements as well as techniques / methods to improve process capability and ensure Zero Escapes and Zero Customer Returns. Strong technical, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the integrity of the delivered component and repair/inspection process.
• Perform detailed review of all non-standard customer purchase orders for technical instruction assuring integration with Budney repair documentation and process.
• Perform detailed review of required specifications and documents applicable to customer contracts (Engine Overhaul Manuals, Inspection Process, PRP’s, Standard Practices & Service Bulletins).
• Perform detailed review and approve Overhaul Operation Sheets and Travelers.
• Create and/or review Incoming, In-Process and Final IMS documents for procedural accuracy and technical content.
• Review and support final inspection procedures and practices.
• Provide integration between Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing ensuring procedural integrity.
• Resolve customer corrective actions assisting Quality Manager assuring closed loop process.
• Monitor and improve shop manufacturing process ensuring process integrity.
• Review and approval of purchase orders related to shippable product.
• Perform all other duties as required.
Director, Overhaul & Repair / Director, Manufacturing